Go Back   Robbie Williams Forum > Robbie Williams > Robbie Live!

Old 25-08-11, 12:25 PM
Production Manager

Default Your fave/least fave Progress Live song performance

So now, that the tour is over, what was your favorite/least favorite song performance on Progress Live tour and why?? This includes of course the song, but also the whole thing around it, like choreography, effects, dancers.. so take everything into consideration.

I'll start with my favorite one which is definitely "Pray"! Oh, I loved this song live, couldn't wait for it on each gig I went to! Just beautiful to see all the lads dancing together again, doing their old dance routine, lovely!! This one didn't have some extra effects developed around it, but I think it was better that way 'cause that would maybe robbed the attention a bit and I think we all had to be focused on them on this particular song.

To be honest, I really don't have the least favorite one, but if I really have to chose, then I'd probably chose "Underground machine" with no special reason.. Maybe more cause of the audience then the performance itself as Robbie was, in my opinion, really great and the lads playing their instruments were fantastic! It's just that people around me weren't very enthusiastic on this one what made me be less enthusiastic as well and I simply didn't like that feeling cause I'm there to rock and this song really can rock the stadium, but from my experience it just didn't work so well as I expected it would.

Anyone else who wanna share??
Old 25-08-11, 12:34 PM
Production Manager

Favourite: Pray for me too even above the Robbie solo stuff.

For all that it means to see the five of them up there together, for the smile on Robbie's face as he does it, and the fact that he did it well and is a right groovy little mover.

Least favourite: Eight Letters. I love the song, love the sentiment, love the lyrics but I thought it was lost in their wandering through the audience half heartedly singing it. I would have liked to have seen them on stage singing it all properly in the manner to which it was written.

But it's a little criticism because I loved the Progress tour from start to finish. Really enjoyed seeing the five all together. Loved seeing Robbie's happiness and just how well he did throughout the whole thing.

Last edited by Laura130262; 25-08-11 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 25-08-11, 12:40 PM
Production Manager

Great Thread 4 ever Texas!

My absolutely favourite song on the Progress Tour is definitely Let me Entertain you.
The countdown before Rob came on stage was soooo great! The audience became absolutely crazy!!! (Including me) He really really rocked Hamburg with LMEY. It was amazing!
It really was so awesome to see him after 5 years again.
On his next tour I will visit some concert and not only one! One is definitely insufficient!

My second favourite song is Pray, then Eight Letters because I loveee the song and then love love!

The whole concert was awesome! And the Pet Shop Boys were great as well!
Old 25-08-11, 12:44 PM
Production Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura130262 View Post
Eight Letters. I love the song, love the sentiment, love the lyrics but I thought it was lost in their wandering through the audience half heartedly singing it. I would have liked to have seen them on stage singing it all properly in the manner to which it was written.
You wrote almost exactly the same words as I did in discussion thread of this song. I'm so with you on this one. This song DEFINITELY deserved a better treatment on this tour!!
Old 25-08-11, 12:49 PM
Production Manager

Yes! I absolutely agree! Love the song as well!
Old 25-08-11, 12:51 PM
Production Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANRW View Post
Great Thread 4 ever Texas!

My absolutely favourite song on the Progress Tour is definitely Let me Entertain you.
The countdown before Rob came on stage was soooo great!

Yes - loved this bit as well.

Can't describe the excitement I felt when I saw him tapping on that screen waiting to be unleashed. Brilliant.
Old 25-08-11, 01:00 PM
Production Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura130262 View Post
Yes - loved this bit as well.

Can't describe the excitement I felt when I saw him tapping on that screen waiting to be unleashed. Brilliant.

You wrote excactly what I tried to explain but my english is not that good! Thank you
;-)
Old 25-08-11, 05:23 PM
Angel

Fav performance was LMEY and Robs entrance. Mind blowing for me.
Least fav was Eight Letters just because it was the end.
Old 25-08-11, 06:11 PM
Road Crew

For me the fave part changed during the tour (I'm one of the lucky ones who got to see the show more than once), I liked Pray at my first concert because it made me feel 15 again But then, especially when standing at the b-stage, I really started to love "Relight my fire", it was the moment when everybody was having a lot of fun, it was the penultimate song so everybody was really relaxed, they were dancing like crazy, but didn't have to concentrate on a routine, and it wasn't the last song (so it wasn't over yet...)... ANd as a Robbie fan standing at the b-stage I also liked Kidz because that's when he had time to look around and interact with the audience And the routine was nice too.
least faves: the monks, because I still don't know what they were doing, and "Pretty things" which was just boring... oh, and Patience was kind of boring too, but I really liked or even loved the rest
Old 25-08-11, 06:25 PM
Tour Manager

As much as I loved the entire show, I must say my favourite parts of the show, was:
1) When Rob entered the stage and sang 'Let Me Entertain You' So energetic, and just got you going totally wild!
2) 'Angels'! What a beautiful moment...
3) And my really favourite part of the show, 'Eight Letters'... I love this song to death, and got to love it even more after the tour... This was the moment, when I got handshakes from Gaz, Markie and not least Rob It was such a special moment to me, and I'll definitely never forget it! They've all touched my heart, and affected my life (Especially Rob), so to say them thanks by giving them a handshake, and to stand literally one step away from them, means the world to me!

My least favourite part of the show...? Well, I don't know if there really is such moment! Maybe 'Underground Machine' or 'Pretty Things', but I did love them too though The whole show was incredible and amazing, and the memory of it will stay with me, until the day I die!